The pupils in Nano Nagle School access the NCCA Curriculum for children with Moderate Intellectual disabilities and the Curriculum for children with Severe and Profound Intellectual Disabilities.
Subject Areas Include:
Communication & Language
Scientific, Environmental and Social Education.
Social, Personal, Health Education
Home Economics (Senior Cycle)
We offer variety, balance and relevance in our school programmes. Pupils learn through various teaching methods and programmes.
* LAMH - A sign language adapted for those with special needs.
* TEACCH -
* PECS -
* Sensory Integration Programmes/Sensory Diet.
* Ipads - A variety of Apps used for communication , learning and fun.
* Handwriting Without Tears -
* Augmentative Aids and ICT.
* Individual Behaviour Support Plans.
We are a Health Promoting School and run the following Programmes.
* Fun with food Programme.
* Food Dudes Healthy Eating Programme.
* Carambola School Lunches.
* Couch to 5k Challenge
* Social Skills Group.
* "Girly Group"
* Motor Activities Group.
Lets move Group