The pupils in Nano Nagle School access the Junior Cycle Level 1 and Level 2 Curriculum, NCCA Curriculum for children with Moderate Intellectual disabilities and the Curriculum for children with Severe and Profound Intellectual Disabilities.
Level 1 Learning Programmes (L1LP) will target the very specific group of students with general learning disabilities in the range of lower functioning moderate to severe and profound categories. The programme will be capable of personalisation to suit the individual needs of the target group of students.
The Level 1 Learning Programmes are made up of six Priority Learning Units (PLUs) which explicitly identify and develop the key areas of learning needed to prepare the students for their future lives.
Communication, Language and Literacy
Personal Care and Wellbeing
Being part of a Community
We offer variety, balance and relevance in our school programmes. Pupils learn through various teaching methods and programmes.
* LAMH - A sign language adapted for those with special needs.
* TEACCH -
* PECS -
* Sensory Integration Programmes/Sensory Diet.
* Ipads - A variety of Apps used for communication , learning and fun.
* Handwriting Without Tears -
* Augmentative Aids and ICT.
* Individual Behaviour Support Plans.
We are a Health Promoting School and run the following Programmes.
* Fun with food Programme.
* Food Dudes Healthy Eating Programme.
* Carambola School Lunches.
* Couch to 5k Challenge
* Social Skills Group.
* "Girly Group"
* Motor Activities Group.
Lets move Group